Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Reflections on performance two

For performance two, two of my classmates and I created a piece based off of the human language. One classmate had a small journal with a list of words, some known, others very strange. In this piece, we took turns reading strange words from the journal, and then let the book be passed around so the audience could take their chance and read. The piece ended with us finishing up the list and short speech from one of my classmates.

This piece was not my favorite, but there definitely were aspects I enjoyed about it. The repetition in the reading of words and walking the notebook to the next person, I found to be soothing. I also appreciated the strangeness of trying to read those words, and hearing the audience read some of them for the first time.  

I did feel that this piece seemed to drag a little bit. There needed to be an element of surprise or strangeness. If not, then it just needed to end sooner. The concept was good, but the execution could have been better. 

Maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment